Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 September 2011

two make-up gems



I remember wearing Clinique’s Black Honey lip gloss when I was a teenager, and very sophisticated I thought I was too! So, I’m delighted that Clinique have been inspired by a lip colour (first launched in 1971) and based an entire collection around it called The New Black, which introduces violet and berry shades for the eyes and cheeks.

But back to the lip gloss, which to me, is the star of the palette. At first glance it looks incredibly difficult to wear as it’s so dark and vampy looking. But the opposite is actually true.  The clue is in the name: Almost Lipstick. It’s not quite a lipstick, and not quite a gloss, but a high-powered glaze. Therefore, when it’s slicked on, the colour is sheer, not dense and I don’t know how, but seems to suit everybody regardless of skin tone. Go buy!

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, £15




As I’ve written before in this blog, I’m always searching for the perfect mascara. And this one has zoomed to the top of my list – well, for this week anyway! DHC, a Japanese brand has used modern wizardry to create a water-resistant mascara without the need for a make-up remover.

Firstly, let me just say I love the brush. It’s dinky enough but capable enough to coat each individual lash without clumping and leaves every lash amply coated and lengthened without looking spidery. A drum roll please for the best bit. Utilising tubing technology, a single application wraps each lash in tiny water-resistant polymer tubes which ensures mascara will not budge or run – handy for any blubfests. The tubing technology means there’s no need to use eye make-up remover. Just splash with warm water when cleansing and mascara literally comes off in a blink of an eye. Genius.

DHC Perfect Pro Double Protection Mascara in black, £13. www.dhcuk.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment