Total Pageviews

Monday 5 March 2012

Liz Earle Puts Your Hair in the Spotlight

THINK THIS AFGHAN MUST HAVE DISCOVERED BOTANICAL SHINE!


I spend a lot of time on my hair, probably like many of you trying to make it look healthier, shinier, more expensive looking. After colour and cut, the rest relies on products to revive and recharge. When it comes to shine I’ve tried many a treatment that professes to leave my mane with more dazzle than Strictly’s costume department, only to be disappointed once washed off. Now, I don’t expect miracles, but a little gloss would be nice. When Liz Earle’s Botanical Shine Treatment landed on my desk, I shoved it to once side. Jaded. I nearly gave it to a friend to hair test, but I’m so glad my beauty senses took hold and I eventually tired it for myself.



My hair is highlighted, dried and straightened daily, so sometimes its dazzle factor can be dimmed. Hair was looking a little lack lustre, so I took this plainly decorated tube into the bathroom with me, without much enthusiasm. I applied on towel tried hair as instructed and left it on for 30 minutes. When rinsing off, my hair felt very sleek, but it was whilst drying it the shine factor took hold. My roots looked visibly lighter, almost detoxed and before long I was swishing my hair around like a hair model in a commercial. It felt very silky too without being lifeless. I literally couldn’t stop touching it and flicking it. Very irritating to look at, I’m sure, but Wow!

So, what’s the secret? Jennifer Hirsch, Liz Earle’s in-house Botanist, says they’ve worked hard to find natural ingredients to deliver high performance results. “Decades of seaweed research sit behind our red algae extract, and there is science that confirms its ability to help build an effective barrier against dryness, flattening the cuticles so each hair is sleeker and softer*, she explains. You you can use daily too, rather than once a week like most intensive treatments. So, good hair days are just that, not just every time I visit the hairdressers.

Liz Earle’s Botanical Shine Treatment, £14









No comments:

Post a Comment