Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 January 2014

Hair Heroes




MY HARD EARNED HAIR!

PRODUCTS I WOULD LIKE TO THANK


I changed my profile picture on all my social media accounts last week and got quite a few nice comments on my hair. This pleased me immensely, namely because I put a lot of effort into it. It’s not hair that’s left to chance. If chance had its way, it would be a frizzy and crazy mess. I’ve totted up I use seven products on my hair in one styling session including shampoo and conditioner. But there are three products excluding my Tangle Teezer hairbrush which I absolutely would recommend. A big handclap for:

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer £27.50. This is not new, it’s been around for decades, but I haven’t found anything to match it. It’s the brand's hero product and must have won every beauty gong going. Hair boffins will know that hair stretches when wet and if in poor condition – which most hair will be if it’s subjected to heat and styling on a regular basis, will snap. Since I’ve been using this the condition of my hair has been transformed. Twice a week I damp my hair down just before bed and brush the Elasticizer through the mid-lengths of my hair with my Tangle Teezer. I then tie it back and go to bed - not forgetting to put a towel on my pillow. The next morning I just rinse off in the shower before shampooing.  The overnight rush of moisture to the hair’s cuticles leaves hair fit for anything. You can literally feel the strength of the hair as you run your fingers through it. Fabulous!

Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence £22. Yep, it’s PK again, and why not? Blow-drying my hair without protection would feel like going out wearing no knickers! In my mind this is a lightweight, spray-on everyday Elasticizer. Before blow-drying I spritz all over damp hair and brush through. As I pull through the styling brush on a high and fast heat I can be confident my cuticles aren’t sizzling and screaming.

Lee Stafford Argan Oil Moisture Injection Conditioner £8.99. I’ve never had so many compliments on my hair since using this. Many session stylists spray dry conditioner on dry hair before using irons, so I’ve adopted this insider trick too. Just before I run through the irons, I spray this on and it leaves the hair soft and silky looking. If this sounds like something from a hair ad, then that’s because it’s the results it gives my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment