Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Scented Pleasure


I’ve written about Korres before in this blog, and I don’t apologise for mentioning it again. I slathered myself with their sun factors over the summer, and apart from being well protected, my nose never tired of the lingering fragrance for weeks on end.

So, imagine my delight when I receive a news on the beauty grapevine telling me they are introducing a fresh new scent. An oriental floral namely Vanilla, Freesia and Lychee Eau de Toilette. Untraditional in it’s packaging – there’s no fancy bottle and it’s literally wrapped up in a sturdy, but decorative cardboard box that unfolds. With the clue in the name, the box poetically tells you about the three aromatic ingredients: ‘the vanilla pod is believed to induce dreams of love’, ‘the freesia lasts for days and springs to mind carefree feelings’ and lychee is penned as ‘yesteryear’s delicacy for ancient China’s artistocracy’. But more impressively, it’s a fragrance that has side stepped synethetic non-biodegradable compounds that are widely used and known to cause irritation. 

The ones they avoid are Nitro-Musks and Polycyclic-musks (PCM). These are synthetic aromatic compounds used to ‘mask’ undesirable odours of the formula base, and moreover, linked to a number of skin irritations and bioaccumulation (accumulation of toxic substances). These compounds are also non-biodegradable. The fragrance is also Phthalate free – these are part of a chemical family that has been accused of being highly irritating. They can be absorbed by the skin, giving rise to allergic reactions. For these very reasons I would suggest spritzing with abandonment!

Vanilla Freesia Lychee Eau de Toilette is £24 for 50ml. For stockists call:
0870 850 3868

No comments:

Post a Comment