Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 September 2012

Bobbi's brand new girl





 

KATIE DOES A BOBBI


This week I tweeted that Katie Holmes has been announced as the new face of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, so I thought I’d follow it up with the full blown beauty story.

Fresh out of a highly publicised divorce – I needn’t say who with, the big question was, ‘What Katie will do next?’ We now have the answer. Collaborating with Bobbi Brown as the brand’s first-ever celebrity face, it could be seen as a case of a break-over make-over! Here’s a short interview with Bobbi on her smart decision making if the press picture is anything to go by. Who wouldn’t want to emulate Katie’s fresh, confident and timeless look?

 
What is the reason you decided to sign a celebrity face to represent Bobbi Brown Cosmetics now?
I look at this a bit differently. I never set out to find a celebrity face, I hired a woman who just so happens to be a celebrity.  Katie and I met through a mutual friend and instantly clicked.  We’re both girls from the Midwest, entrepreneurs, and mothers who live multidimensional lives.  It was nice to find out that we had so much in common.  We started to talk about ways to work together on her upcoming show, and that is when it clicked and I thought she would be the perfect person to represent my brand.  Katie reminds me of a modern day Ali McGraw, who I admired growing up. She is a classic beauty with a sparkle in her eye and a smile that lights up a room. She is beautiful without trying to be.    

A YOUNG ALI McGRAW WHICH BOBBI SAW IN KATIE
 

What about Katie Holmes made her a good fit for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics?
One of my favorite beauty icons of all time is Ali McGraw who is beautiful without trying to be.  When I met Katie Holmes she instantly reminded me of Ali – a natural beauty that I can relate to.  She embodies the modern Bobbi Brown Cosmetics woman: confident, down to earth, positive spirit, beautiful inside and out.  I love how Katie Holmes is a real woman –who juggles a career, supports her community through her charity “Dizzy Feet” and is a doting mother. 

 
How do you see your relationship with Katie Holmes evolving over the next year?
Next week, I look forward to working together on creating the beauty looks for her Spring 2013 fashion show for her and stylist Jeanne Yang’s “Holmes & Yang” line.  I’ve been a fan of the brand for its simple, clean lines that enhance a woman’s shape.  Next, we will be shooting the brand’s spring ad campaign with Katie Holmes in New York City. 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment