Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 February 2012

Send Yourself Some Fragrant Loving

THE FANTASY MAN


What’s the betting your boyfriend/beau/lover/husband will walk through the door like this on Valentine’s Day? This is our fantasy man, and thanks to Jo Malone for channelling that fantasy, but the reality of it happening is pretty slim wouldn’t you say girls’?

Let me remind you of the lyrics of Destiny’s Child’s Independent Woman, one of my favourite Karaoke turns by the way!

The shoes on my feet, I’ve bought it
The clothes I’m wearing, I’ve bought it
The rock I’m rockin’, I’ve bought it
‘Cause I depend on me

So, with that in mind, let’s turn Valentine’s Day right upside down on its romantic old head, and pledge to buy ourselves some love. I say Valentine’s Day is a day to buy something that makes you feel special, and not to wait on a man to do it.

RED ROSES COLOGNE

Nothing says love-me-do more than Jo Malone’s Red Roses Cologne – it’s the essence of modern romance, and if that’s self romance than so be it. Originally launched on Valentine’s Day, it’s a full bodied blend of seven of the world’s most beautiful roses. With crushed violet leaves and a twist of lemon, it’s a sophisticated juice without being too sweet and cloying.


There’s also a new addition to the collection, the Red Roses Fragrance Chronicle. It’s an invitation to bespoke the original scent by fragrance combining with three accords: Sweet Lemon, Scarlet Velvet Roe and Honeycomb.
Red Roses Cologne from £36 and Red Roses Fragrance Chronicle, £72
www.jomalone.com






Another love-me-do gift that deserves serious attention is Juicy Couture’s Limited Edition Viva La Juicy Solid Perfume necklace. Solid perfumes are becoming more on-trend, and I love the idea of just popping open a locket, dabbing in a fingertip and rubbing scent behind the ears and on pulse points – it’s a vintage idea and conveys a quaint and ladylike quality, which somehow is very modern. The fragrance is gladden-your-heart uplifting: mandarin orange, wild berries, honeysuckle and gardenia all makes for a burst of floral loveliness. It’s enough to make you lfall in love with life, let alone yourself!  Surprisingly heavy, this chunky cut, twinkling diamante pendent feels classy, and looks kooky cute when worn. The heart shape simply signifies you’re declaring love to yourself – and what better message is that to send ones self on the 14th?

Juicy Couture Limited Edition Viva La Juicy Solid Perfume Necklace, £37.
Available from Debenhams, Harrods, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Selfridges




No comments:

Post a Comment