Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 November 2013

the cream-off to pollution





I don’t normally go cock-a-hoop over a cleanser, but as the cornerstone of all good skincare, I’d like to platform Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream. My skin gets it very fair share of pollutants. Commuting and working in the city I’m sure my pores are begging for their own oxygen masks. To be honest, I’ve always used a wash-off cleanser as I like that fresh feeling skin water can bring, plus psychologically it makes skin feel clean. But I’m doing a somersault on that thinking after trying this cream of cleansers.

The ritual is somewhat different. It’s suggested you take a small amount in the palms of your hands and bring it to skin temperature by rubbing briefly. Apply the cream to a dry face. Now, this is the fun bit. Lift hands briskly off the face, repeating this movement around 7 times from the middle of the face to the sides, then 5 times on each side of the neck. The cleanser thickens and creates a ‘suction’ effect to lift off make-up and pollution without irritating the skin. I then wipe off with a muslin cloth. I like it for two reasons. The formulation is very velvety and comforting with nourishing ingredients of jojoba oil and mango and shea butter. It feels lovely if skin is particularly parched. And secondly my skin has taken on a bloom. It may well be that slap and tickle suction action that revs up skin circulation, but then again it maybe Moringa Seed – the anti-pollution active ingredient. Then again, it may be a combination of both. Who cares – it works!

Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream, £25

No comments:

Post a Comment