Total Pageviews

Friday 27 January 2012

CID for Make-up VIPS

NEW CID COSMETICS STUDIO GLAMOUR PALETTE


There’s nothing that really makes you understand a brand better than seeking out the creative team behind it. I’ve been lucky enough to catch up with Michael Phillips aka Mikey who is brand ambassador, international MUA and trainer for New CID Cosmetics.

MICHAEL PHILLIPS
With a list of make-up credits to his name, his a natural performer (you may have seen him on QVC) and collaborates  with Creative Director Rupert Kingston and brand founder Kelly Colman. Together they keep this brand fashion forward and on-trend with colours, ideas and formulations. Mike’s vision is to encourage women to become their own make-up artists.

Here he talks about relationship breaks through to career makes.

How did you become involved with New CID? I had a chance meeting with creative director Rupert Kingston. Rupert had seen some of my work and asked if I would be interested in working together? I've been obsessed ever since!

What was your big break? A big break for me was ending a four year relationship. I compromised my career on a daily basis. It was after leaving the relationship I gave 100 percent focus to my career, and for a long time I was working seven days a week on different jobs. I think hard work and drive have got me to where I am today.
What does the brand represent? I think the brand is so versatile and appeals to many women who are great at make-up, never wear it or just struggle with makeup. New CID delivers innovative packaging along with amazing pigments that helps take the complication out of makeup application. We want women to feel empowered and look and feel amazing!
What’s been your career highlight? There have been so many. Meeting Kylie, creating looks for London Fashion Week, presenting on QVC, the MTV Music Awards and working with beauty legends.
Favourite make-up discovery? It would have to be the way you can make someone feel. Having worked with lots of cancer patients and women who are in a bad place in their life, make-up instantly makes you feel better and look better. Make-up is power!
Your 5 favourite make-up picks from New CID and why?
  1. i-primer, £27. No primer on the market even comes close! Silky, flawless, long-lasting, anti-ageing and works on pretty much every skin type. Primer is the secret to amazing looking make-up.
  2. i-gel, £21.50. Obsessed doesn’t even cover it. The flexible texture I use as liner, and even as a lipstick if it’s for a show or a shoot.
  3. i-glow £22.50. The hand baked highlighter is unbelievable on tips of cheeks, nose, cupid bow and the brow bones. Use as an eyeshadow too or on the body – just sweep across the collar bones. Baked products start life as a cream, so are soft and silky, giving radiance and glow to the skin.
  4. i-gloss, £16. Unlike so many glosses these gel like formulations deliver great colour and really high shine without the stickiness. You can mix together or layer up for a 3D effect.
  5. i-groom, £15.50. Before this product I would use an angled brush with a powder eyeshadow. But the universal shade of i-groom is buildable and natural. Plus, the chiselled edge allows you to create hair like strokes. Unbelievable!
i-glow

New CID is big on palettes. What’s your thinking behind them?
They have been put together in such a way to make it easier for women to make a selection. No crazy colours, colours that don’t work together, or you won’t end up using.

I’ve just been newly introduced to your lipsticks and they’re the creamiest, most comfortable lipstick I’ve worn. Plus colour lasts. What’s the secret? The lipsticks are amazing! They’re back to a more old-school formula with great colour pigments, moisturisation and feel. I love the colours and use them a lot on cheeks as a cream blush so you get more bang for you buck!

i-pout

Solve my dilemma: blush on the apples of the cheeks or high on the cheekbones? I would say 80% of the time it should be applied to the apples. It’s where you naturally flush and gives the face a real lift. Only on certain face shapes, such as more rounded would I apply it more on top of the cheek bones.

What’s new for SS12 in terms of formulations and colour?
This year sees exciting launches of:
* i-colour – a mousse like formula that reinvents cream eyeshadow. Outstanding colours and pigment with a waterproof formula, they’re really easy to blend or layer up. I’m dying to get my hands on these!
* i-illuminise - boasts a serum like texture – chose from pink or gold depending on your skin tone, mix with a foundation or concealer and apply to the tops of your cheek bones. It gives instant radiance and glow to the skin.
* i-polish - this is so exciting. A polish that look like you’ve had gels applied to the nail. Long wearing, great colour and did I mention it has a light on the brush?

Best ever make-up tip? Less is more and invest in make-up saviours, namely primer, concealer, brow pencil, mascara and bronzer. And you’re good to go.

You’re very active on Twitter. So, @MakeupbyMikey what do you enjoy about it? I’m all over it! I love the instant interaction with people, some of whom I will never meet. I have some really big names following me, which is flattering and it’s a great networking place.


Find New CID Cosmetics www.newcidcosmetics.com


No comments:

Post a Comment